May 1st is an official holiday in Germany - it is somewhat equivalant to our Labor Day. The traditional celebration seems to be : go on a bike ride with the entire family and then grill out. That's what we did! I wish I had pictures of the bike ride. Everyone in our building went together. In all, we had 5 children between the ages of 1 and 8 years. I am sure it looked amusing! Here is a picture of me finally loading up my plate in our back yard after surviving the bike tour.02 May 2007
Der erste Mai : Grillfest!
May 1st is an official holiday in Germany - it is somewhat equivalant to our Labor Day. The traditional celebration seems to be : go on a bike ride with the entire family and then grill out. That's what we did! I wish I had pictures of the bike ride. Everyone in our building went together. In all, we had 5 children between the ages of 1 and 8 years. I am sure it looked amusing! Here is a picture of me finally loading up my plate in our back yard after surviving the bike tour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a good time! Say hi to Jurgen and Nadia. Brings childhood memories; the whole family on the bike.
Oma
Post a Comment