William, Margaret, and I have reviewed our "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" book at least once daily for the last several months- or has it been years, now? We do the fingerplay. We chant it from memory. It is amazing how often it seems relevant to current activities or just happens to come up in conversation. I thought we had mastered the concept.But just yesterday, after prompting, I began again: "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his or her head! The responsible adult called the doctor and the doctor said..." I waited expectantly for the answer....... Each child gave an answer. But it is clear we need to review the rhyme again for meaning and content.
William: " No more mama's calling on the phone!"
Margaret: "More! More! Monkeys! Jumping on the bed!"
1 comment:
Time to move on to teasing mr. crocodile!
Post a Comment