30 October 2010

Halloween Season Continues

Sean is great about designing cool faces and carving pumpkins with the kids. My tasks are taking the photos, containing the mess, and cooking up the pumpkin seeds.

Eric scooped out his little pumpkin...

...and saved the seeds for Mama.

The artist at work.



William and Margaret "at work".









A few days later, it's time to go to the downtown trick-or-treating event. This Bavarian drives a gigantic white minivan.






In the minivan, there's a princess with her basket on her head,









...a ninja, and a Wyoming Cowboy's basketball player who is sitting around picking his nose ( just like the football team!).








One of the stores downtown was giving out free coffee. We took some. It was the worst coffee EVER, but we were grateful to have it.



Trick-or-treating "safe" American style. All you have to do is dress up and have your parents drive you downtown in their minivan. Then, you hold out your basket. If you are too shy to say "trick-or-treat" or "thank you", it doesn't matter. Go to the next store and get some more.


We ran in to lots of people we know and Sean and I did a little looking around the ski shop.




I kept missing a marching band or some sort of music.


It was a sunny , warm day and "lots" of people were downtown this year. Everyone who wasn't here was at the tailgate for the football game later in the afternoon. It's fall in Laramie.




Sugared up and ready to go home, I realized I didn't have a picture of Sean and I together in out hilarious outfits. (We found it only fitting to take the picture in front of the recycling bins, since while in Germany we had spent about 50% of our waking hours working on our recycling. ) I asked William to take a picture of us. The first try, he didn't get our heads.



William, I am *so* sorry that this is what your parents look like looking down on you! I want you to know that we are saving up for counseling for you and your siblings!!



And finally, here is a picture of an "addition" I made to my costume. The shoes I wore on my feet and they were authentic. The socks I wore somewhere else, and they were *not* authentic! :)
Ho Narro!















2 comments:

Ineke said...

Great to see the serious hausvater and his "buxom" hausfrau enjoying the holiday!

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Is this a great season or what!