
We celebrated Wiliam's 8th birthday a little early with his friends. We'll be in Yellowstone on June 2nd. It was our second annual Star Wars themed birthday party. It started with light saber battles, before the guests arrived.

The light saber battles continued.

Really, the entire party was about light saber battles.

When we were done with out "actual" light saber battles, we turned our attention to the Star Wars Wii game and participated in virtual light saber battles. The two other children in this photo knew this game but it was new to William. So they let him play and coached him cooperatively through level after level. It was pretty amazing teamwork! Eventually they all took turns. No adults needed! I was so impressed.

The kids were so good that I got to relax on the couch after my Jedi training ( keeping a balloon in the air using the force).

I made the cake, but Sean decorated it. Who knew the guy was so talented with icing? I thought it looked super cool - and I've sort of hated Star Wars since the 80's!


Congrats, William! You're growing up to be a really cool kid. You've come such a long way from that birthday party in which you threw a 45 minute tantrum over a matchbox car! Way to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment