
Our decorated living room - awaiting the first guests!

Once everybody arrived, the boys were allowed to open their party favors. This took 15 seconds.

They are waiting for their cake, so I hurried up.

I lit the candles.

We sang to William, but he cried. He was mad because we had taken the cupcake he had gotten for himself away and asked if we could please sing to him first.

Then I helped him blow out the candles. It is hard to blow out candles and cry at the same time. (But hey, "it's his party, and he can cry if he wants to!") This time, he was crying because the smoke was in his eyes.

Hey, what about me? I'm fourteen months old today!

Once the present opening, singing, and cake-eating was done (45 seconds total), the boys played with the train track Sean set up for the occasion. We wanted to have an outdoor party, but it was raining - the train track provided a fun indoor activity.

The adults sat at the table and had cake and coffee while the children played. The boys played pretty well, considering their age and their excitement level! (David's water lily picture can be found to the left of the bookshelf. Thank you, David!)
1 comment:
Dear Katy,
Greetings from your absentee friend in NY! Andi sent me the gang's various blog URLs and I'm belatedly making the rounds. Yours is quite impressive - a far cry from the fusty volumes of "holiday snaps" in which our childhoods are documented!
I'll definitely rely on your accumulated wisdom, tips, and recipes if I ever find myself with a little Ben running around (well, perhaps not the recipes).
Say "happy birthday" to William and give my best wishes to Sean as well.
Love,
Ben
P.S. I'm not sure if I have a current e-mail address for you. Mine's still w******* at post dot h****** dot e**.
Post a Comment