10 June 2007

Gruetzi mitanand!

Today we drove to the mountains in Switzerland, near Saentis. As we approached, we noticed the sky was full of paragliders! There must have been hundreds of them jumping off cliffs into the valley below!
Here we are starting off on our hike. William is using his binoculars to look for the wolf from "Peter and the Wolf". He usually looks through his binoculars upside-down and backwards and he thinks that binoculars make everything appear farther away. He will not listen to our lengthy explanations and clarifications on the topic of binoculars. Each generation has to figure things out on their own, I guess!

William was tired today. We carried him up the mountain. At the top of the mountain, he ate an ice cream, ran around and scraped his knees, acquired four band-aids, and we carried him back down the mountain. He's still mad that we didn't see any wolves and that we didn't stop at the McDonald's play land on the way back.
Here is the most beautiful mountain lake in the world, and the kid is lusting after the McDonald's play land we passed on the way here.
WOW. Now that's pretty!

I want to put my feet in the water!

There are lots of hiking paths up here, and lots of cows. And lots of signs so the cows don't get lost.

William and I decided that we wanted to stay here forever. (He had forgotten about the McDonald's play land for a brief moment).

Gruetzi aus der Schweiz!








3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! I've been looking at these pictures all day and pretending I'm there!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing ALL of the kids pictures!!

Darien's Grandma Lee

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee! You get to see your grandbabies in person soon!! Glad you enjoy the blog. You'll find lots of Darien pictures here.

- Katy