09 January 2008

A Bad Day in the Kitchen for the HF.

Today, I burned my arm making undercooked, bland filet of fish for lunch.

And this evening, while making cauliflower ( with breadcrumbs, butter, and cheese) the smell was such that my one-and-half year old daughter came walking into the kitchen screaming "stinky!" and handed me a diaper. Oh, the honesty of children!
Tomorrow I'm not trying anything new in the kitchen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See! I knew why I never cooked cauliflower! I never could place that smell. Thanks Margaret!

elizabeth said...

Hilarious!! I think the cauliflower dish actually sounds pretty amazing, though.

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Don't give up! Soon your cooking will have a little extra zest (watch the mailbox).

The Krentz Family said...

That's hilarious!

Andrea Pless said...

I also can not stand the smell of cauilflower! I burned my arm last night making "Savory Grilled Tofu"