02 February 2009

"Happy Family"

Yesterday, the family went to a restaurant that had a "Happy Family" Sunday afternoon special - coffee and cake for the grown-ups, video games, Wii, and a play area for the children and the child-like. Sean and the children met Darien and Kian and family there. I got to stay home, which made me happy!! In the above picture, William and Margaret are skiing with the Wii. William practiced ski jumps. (Thanks A LOT, Sean!) William loves to ski and Margaret can't wait until she is three years old "because then I can ski!". I didn't think I was going to need to start taking Xanax until they were adolescents, but with a family of energetic ski bums living in the Rockies...I may need to start sooner rather than later. William wants to do the "black slopes". Margaret claims to "not be scared". I just sit at the dinner table while they discuss flinging themselves off rocky cliffs for fun and tremble, wide-eyed. Better keep them away from their uncle, or they'll be doing the same thing in the summertime, only on bicycles. The other uncle seems to be drawn to climbing UP mountains... help! Move my family to the plains instead!
An example of a nice, safe activity with little risk for broken bones.






No comments: