15 December 2010

Margaret and William on the Topic of Marriage

Margaret: ( stares pensively at her plastic Disney princess statement ring) Mama! Mama! I got married yesterday.
DrHF: Again, honey?
Margaret: Yes!
DrHF: To whom?
Margaret: I got married to Eric!
DrHF: Figures. They probably allow that in Wyoming. Congratulations.
Margaret: I tricked you! I tricked you!
DrHF: yep.
Margaret: ( twisting her ring on her finger) Actually, I don't want to get married.
DrHF: Okay.
Margaret: I don't want to get married because my ring is too tight.
DrHF: Yes, it certainly feels that way sometimes.
Margaret: Do I have to get married?
DrHF: No, you only get married if you want to. Some people get married and some people don't. Uncle Matt likes not being married. I like being married to Dada. Uncle Mike is getting married to Karen soon.
William: ( shaking his head in despair) UNCLE MIKE! Married? Karen? I am a shame of you! I am a shame of you! I am a shame of you!
DrHF: Why are you ashamed of Uncle Mike?
William: Because!
DrHF: Because why?
William: ( rolling his eyes) Because marriage is DORKISH.

2 comments:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Dorkish, indeed!

HoosierKitty said...

Guess I'd better not count too much on great grandchildren. :)