15 July 2007

14 Juli 2007:Pfarrfest

William goes to a Catholic Kindergarten associated with the above church, St. Georg. Yesterday, we participated in a "family nature and experiment walk" with his Kindergarten, which was part of "Pfarrfest", or "Catholic parish day". The walk started at Maria Hilf church ( see below) and ended at St. Georg church. I have included pictures of all the churches in the neighborhood that form a "Pfarrgemeinschaft".
This is the little church in Egg, built in 1703. I run by it several times a week. Right now, there is so much lavender growing there - it smells heavenly!

This is Loretto-Kapelle, one of the most beautiful and peaceful secret little places in the neighborhood. It is up on a hilltop with fields all around. This picture doesn't do it justice! I consider it my special place.


This is Maria-Hilf Church, or as Sean calls it, "Rocket-Launcher Church" Not so great on the outside,

...but it's what's inside that counts. The stained glass is spectacular on a sunny day.




No comments: