Yesterday, a package from Bloomington arrived in the mail! William and I practically fought over who got to open it. I won, because I have access to the scissors! The package contained a mini-volcano and a small jar of grape jelly. I gathered the theme was "explosions", since that's a good description of what happened to my last container of grape jelly :^) !
This is how the volcano works: first you add baking soda, then you add food coloring, and then...

... you draw the vinegar up in the syringe "all by yourself"...

... and put the vinegar in "all by yourself" and watch it explode! YES!

Margaret was interested, too. It's not everyday there's a volcano after lunch! ( Well, I think there actually will be a volcano after lunch everyday at our house for quite some time to come...)

How does it work with different colors of food coloring?
1 comment:
Oh, the serious concentration on the face of the young scientist! I see a Junior Chemistry Set in his future.
Post a Comment