I. Dr. HF returns home from grocery shopping and sees a crumpled piece of paper in the hallway. Mr. Dr. HF heads downstairs to get the groceries out of the car.
Dr. HF: Here, stick this in the paper recycling while you're down there.
Mr. Dr. HF: Marga made that for you. It is a present.
Dr. HF: OH! Thank you, Marga! I love it. Look at the colors! Did you make this for Mama?
Marga: No. It's just a yucky piece of paper.
Dr. HF: ?
II. Dr. HF is shopping with William. They buy bread and William asks to pay. HF hands Wm 5 Euro and orders 2 Euros worth of bread. The woman gives William the change.
Dr. HF: Can you put the change in my wallet please, William?
Wm: No. It is mine. The lady gave it to ME.
Dr. HF: Yes, but I paid for the bread.
Wm: No, *I* paid for the bread.
Dr. HF: But it was my money.
Wm: But you gave it to me.
Dr. HF: I only gave it to you so you could pay for the bread. Now I need the change so we can buy other things, too.
Wm: (sincerely) But it is my money. I paid for the bread and the woman gave the money to me. So it is my money. You have a lot of money and I have none. It isn't fair. And she gave the money to me.
Dr. HF (giggling): But we spend all of our money on you. Can I please have the change now?
Wm ( reluctantly hands over the change): Well, why are you laughing? It's not even funny about it.
Dr. HF ( slight repressed giggle): okay. Sorry.
Wm ( totally not getting it still): But I paid for the bread and she gave me the money to me.
27 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it!
Grandpa
Post a Comment