14 September 2011

Letter #3 :Sushi Pop!

Dear Eric, William, and Margaret,

This is a picture of the restaurant that Elizabeth ( Ebee) and I went to. It was called "Sushi Pop". They didn't serve pop. Maybe they meant "pop culture". Maybe they meant that the food went "POP!", which some of it actually did!
Here is a picure of the restaurant. We started off sitting in the booths, but the seats were so squishy and low that my chin nearly rested on the table and I could barely see Elizabeth over my silverware. Out of compassion, Ebee suggested that we sit at a table so I could reach my food.



This is our waitress! Tell your dad that she has a degree in Psychology! She looks like Pippi Longstockings. She was really smart and nice. Can you believe she is "cooking" for us here? She is using the same really cold stuff that Dr. Hannifan used to freeze off your various warts on your feet - liquid nitrogen. She is using liquid nitrogen to turn a juice into a sorbet!



Here is a close-up. It got really "COOL"!







This is Ebee's dessert. Berry-flavored sorbet with a marshmallow fluff and peanut butter powder. Peanut butter POWDER? This restaurant likes to use food in new ways. But, she basically had a new-age take on a peanut butter and jelly fluffernutter sandwich. Ask your dad what a fluffernutter sandwich is. He was still eating them in graduate school, as a dessert after his bologna and hummus sandwich. You may have to ask your dad what bologna is and what marshmallow fluff is, too! They don't have that in our farm share. I am sorry.








Here it is!










And here is how happy Elizabeth is to see it - and me, I think!












Here is my fancy dessert! It is called "PMS", and I found it curative! It is a molten chocolate cake with peanut butter powder and salted caramel ice cream. I was extremely happy to see Ebee and I LOVED my PMS.




Love, Mama




P.S. When I get home, let's have fluffernutters!













1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Thanks for an amazing trip! It was SO great to see you!!!